October - a little bit junky - newcomers

 So it happened that a lot of horses came to the stable this month. It gets more and more crowded here, especially in the section of the untamed horses - those waiting for their turn to be remade.

Bag full of horses
Bag full of horses

And, unfortunately, these horses will have to wait a while longer, because, unfortunately, larger modifications require more time and work. So I decided to introduce the new arrivals, some of them are fakes, some of them are original.

A bunch from the sale

I had an interesting opportunity - four horses for the price of three. Actually, four for the price of one, because it was a very budget purchase. I present the contents of this set from the upper photo.

1. Spotted Gloria horse

First, a horse whose mold we already know - yes, another Gloria mold horse - this time without a ban on entry in the eyes. And I do not know if it comes from a set branded with the Gloria brand, or if it is some other fake ... more politely - a clone. This is the specimen - one of two - that made me want the entire package.

Spotted Gloria horse

The horse - as you can see, has the remains of equipment indicating that it was dragging some royal carriage, another clone princess pretending to be a Barbie. We have a bridle here, which I include in the series - what is it all about ?! - I really don't like this type of bridle, because it doesn't look like anything to me and in my opinion it makes no sense. Except for Barbie horses - I don't have much in common with horses, so I don't know if such bridles actually exist - although I really don't know how to keep it on the horse's head, as even on this plastic specimen it is secured with a rubber band - when you get a good look in the photo, you can even see it.

Saddle ... Hmm ... I know ... it's not looking much like a saddle either. These attached stirrups are funny - what am I saying - a stirrup - because there is only one left. The "saddle" has holes on the sides for mounting the drawbars - that indicates that the horse was pulling the carriage. Ok, by the way, let me throw out this regret - why did mattel think that the horse is pulling the carriage with the saddle? - Because it's easier, and the harness is definitely not a good idea for a toy for children. Eh ...

This is the last thing about the above horse - the black spots are only a marker and the result of the creative imagination of the previous owner - they are not original.

PLAN:

The plan for this individual is that it will be stripped of all accessories and hair. The holes in its legs will be patched, it will change the color, get new hair - it will be reborn in a whole new incarnation. It stays in the stable.

2. Steffi Love horse


A common known mold by Steffi Love from Simba. It is everywhere in different colors and with different equipment. Although most often with a saddle, a bridle with reins and ornaments for a mane in the shape of horseshoes. It has special features: a movable head and a springy neck.

Steffi Love horse from Simba
Steffi Love horse from Simba

As you can see, it came to me without any equipment. Fortunately,it has original hair and is in really good condition.

PLAN:

The plan is to clean it and comb its hair, give it some accessories and find a new home. So, it only resides in the stable temporarily.

3. Violet  Glimma/Sparkle Girlz horse

All in all, I have no words. If I had gotten such a horse as a child - I wouldn't be the happiest. My Pamela Love bay horse is much better.

WTF???

I really don't know what to write about it ... it has a strange long neck, the saddle is practically on the rump - there is no other way - the whole body is bent, the eyes are looking somewhere towards the rump, and the bridle rests on the lips. It has a tattoo on his rump, but it doesn't add charm to it.

PLAN:

It will end in trash or someone give it a new home. There is no place in my stable for it.

I introduced the main characters from this gang. However, in the last photo in this announcement there was another horse - it was added as a free one.

4. Barbie Botticelli from Princess Collection (2003) with cut mane and tail

Really I'm not kidding - this horse was FREE because he lost his hair. And it is the one that made me bought that entire pack.

Barbie Botticelli from Princess Collection 2003
Barbie Botticelli from Princess Collection 2003

He's the dirtiest of the gang, he has a lot of paint scratches on his hoofs, and he has scratches on his body. Here and there are some additional paintings - with different colors and media. But I don't see him being in a tragic condition. This horse did not have much equipment - it lacks a saddle pad and hair ornaments. All in all, I wanted him in the stable. And such an orphan appeared, in addition for FREE ?!  I will gladly take care of this poor horse and I am sure that he will be beautiful again.

PLAN:

A solid wash and new hair - matching the original - a saddle pad and some hair ornaments adequate for a royal horse. Also a deserved place in the stable awaits for him, next to Lila - a friend from the series.

PRINCE/PRINZ (1991)

Another precious specimen shot as a part of economic purchases. This is the horse that prevented my poodle from getting the name Prince.

Barbie Prince horse 1991
Barbie Prince horse 1991

I will not write much about him here - as it presents itself - you can see in the photo. No equipment, except for three horseshoes. Tail slightly disintegrating - hopefully survives cleaning. Mane theoretically in its original length. Discoloration, stains, additional painting with crayons or felt-tip pens - generally a ton of dirt which can be feel to the touch. He is quite old, so his condition is good. Painting of hooves, nose and eyes in quite good condition

PLAN

Solid washing and detangling. I am tempted by rertobrighting, so maybe it will be possible to restore its shine. At the end -  getting the equipment in line with the original and an honorable place in the stable, near Ski Fun and Cripple Star.


There should be one more horse here, but I've just finished restoring it, and soon there will be a post, as well as a video, with a detailed description of my fight with this model.  So I am omitting it from this list, even though it would be very suitable for this group.


Comments