Selena Gomez as Alex Russo - Disney Mattel doll (2009)

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)



 I found Selena in advertisements as a Skipper doll. She caught my eye practically at the same time as Sharpay. She is also a Mattel doll made for Disney, she comes from the series Wizards of Waverly Place. I didn't watch the series either, I just know that Selena Gomez, on whom the doll is modeled, played a character named Alex Russo in this series. I'm not interested in any of this, I liked her face so much that I've got to bought her.

She came to me on February 25, 2022. With her, I got two sets of clothes and flip-flops. The clothes looked original and the flip-flops are signed with the Skipper logo. Selena out of the box below:

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Among her clothes, I like the most a denim skirt with velcro closure at the back. The rest is too modern -  too artificial for me. The worst is this shirt with jewels. 

The bra with hearts and glitter is a part of the beach Barbie suit included in the 2006 Beach Glam Cruiser set (sample photos from the ebay.com below)




The purple sparkle skirt and that blouse with jewels belonged to the 2016 DIY Crimp & Curl Barbie doll (sample photo from the web)


Somehow I have that I like to know where the clothes of my dolls come from, and not only dolls, because when it comes to horses, I also try to find out where their non-factory accessories come from, such as Elsa's saddle.

Okay, that's almost all clear. Unfortunately, I do not know what specific set my Selena comes from, because in 2009 she came out in six varieties - mainly with different clothes, their quantity and accessories. Mine came to me without any original accessories.

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

The girl, of course, landed in the bath. Compared to the Sharpay, Selena is more efficient in terms of articulation, because she has spherical hips. The rest is the same as with Sharpay.



Selena's markings - on the back - (c) 2009 Mattel Inc. China. On the back of the head - (c) 2008 Mattel

Selena in all its glory.

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Selenka and Sharpay barefoot:

Sharpay doll & Selena Gomez (Alex Russo) doll

Girls with Lila:

Sharpay, Selena and Swan Lake Lila

And as you can see, girls look pretty good next to Lila, and she doesn't feel like a pony with them.

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Out of recently hunted original Barbie clothes, Selena got a cotton blouse from the 2007 Fashion Fever Pack.

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

She also got sneakers which I decided to color a little.

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)

Disney Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)


Comments