Sharpay - Disney HSM2 (2007)

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

This face charmed me as early as 2021, when it appeared in the advertisements. Of course, I had no idea what the doll it was and at first I thought it was a Generation Girl Barbie. The doll that was up for sale at the time probably had a Barbie body - so that confused me. I kept a picture of her because she was still on my mind. I like unusual dolls, and this one was just like that.

Picture from the first announcement,
the first Sharpay I ever saw



In February 2022, I noticed this face in the announcements    again. This time it was sold as a Skipper doll. The only thing that can look like a real Skipper is the size of the body. The face is nothing like Skipper, not mold or anything else, and I knew that before it hit my hands.


My collector's goal was to be horses and dogs, but dolls are useful for cool photos. Barbie dolls are a bit too big for their horses, but dolls like Skipper and Stacie look better with them. That's why I decided to buy this doll with an extraordinary face.






She came to me on February 23, 2022. She was wearing very strange clothes that certainly did not belong to her. This is how she looked after taking it out of the package.

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay


The top of her clothes felt as if it were tucked back to front. It fit badly on the front and has too many decorations on the back. I don't know if the included white skirt was an original part of the set.



As you can see in the photo above, the lower part of the garment is lined from the inside with a shiny, transparent mesh. The garment has a tag sewn in with only the inscription - Made in China - that explains absolutely nothing.


From the side that the previous owner considered the back side - the garment has decorative top edges and is fastened with a latch on a decorative bow. It looks like some kind of coat or riding clothes as the lower parts are slit open.


The skirt has an elastic waist, the bottom is finished with a decorative glitter thread. There is also a pink bow and shiny lace at the front. 

Overall, this outfit is so princess-like, not quite suitable for Sharpay.

Back to the doll itself. I managed to establish that it is a doll from the Disney movie High School Musical, specifically from its second part. The doll presents one of the protagonists - Sharpay Evans. That's what I found out, because I have never watched any of these movies myself, the movie is about a group of teenagers - so there are also several dolls

This is what it looks like without clothes:

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

Sharpay has spherical shoulder joints - and that's where its advanced articulation ends. The hands are slightly bent at the elbows. In the hips, her mobility is limited to one plane - that is, the leg up or back. The feet are almost flat, she rises gently only on the toes. The legs bend at the knees with a standard click, which is not too much.

After this inspection, Sharpay landed in the bath.

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

After the bath, I changed her into more adequate, modern clothes, a bit loose, because they belonged to my adult dolls.

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay


Sharpay with Cali Girl Summer

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay with Cali Girl Summer

I can say that she is a head shorter than an adult Barbie. And this is what the Arabian Barbie mold looks like, as a model as a horse, appeared Lila in a winter outfit:

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay and Lila Unicorn

Sorry for that not professional background, it was a quick photo, just like this one with aunts Barbie on the shelf:


For the photos, we borrowed Skipper slippers, which came with my second girl, so that the poor Sharpay would not pose barefoot. Skipper slippers are a perfect fit for these dolls.


And her new dress and hair style:

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

A few days ago I bought a few pairs of doll shoes, one of them went to Sharpay. They're not perfect, they're not my type, they don't match this dress - but they are. I didn't even wash them, they have some purple stains. But they fit her legs.



Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay

Eventually, I have completed my Sharpay investigation and it turns out to be a set doll. This is evidenced by her silver earrings, only in this set the doll has earrings in this color. The second thing is the pink thread she has between her hair - it was probably holding the crown. Also my Sharpay is from the year 2007.

Below are photos borrowed from Worthpoint.com to showcase this set.



And finally my little star again:

Disney Mattel HSM 2 Sharpay


Comments