Cali Girl Surfer - Summer (2004)

I am totally crazy about this doll and am writing it as an adult. As soon as I saw her - I had to have her. Of the dolls I bought in the last year, it was the most expensive. This is Summer on an articulated body.

In the Barbie Ski Fun outfit from 1991

In fact, I was captivated by her cheerful face. Summer Horseback - my Jackie - has a different make-up, a different hairstyle and therefore a different character. Summer Surfer seems to me to be a crazy, unpredictable, cheerful girl.

My Summer is even more special - she has been stripped of a stiff body, so this also adds to her character.

Here's what she looked like in the announcement when she stole my heart:




And how can you not fall in love with this crazy girl?

She came to me on July 13, 2021. She didn't need any refreshing or washing as it was from a collector. She was never a toy either. Maybe that's why I don't have too many photos of her arrival. As you can see, she was dressed in the clothes of one of the Made To Move (MTM) dolls, but she has a body that is slightly older than today's MTM and a bit younger than herself.


The signature on Summer's head is from 2003.

photo found on the web




The doll is from the Cali Girl series from the Surfer line. She was equipped with a surfboard, a bottle of suntan lotion, sunglasses, earrings, and a stand.


I have Teresa from the same line that I purchased earlier. Tereska is on an original body.

photo by Mattel


Friends from the same line - Teresa and Summer.


It just so happened that I received the original Summer Surfer outfit along with a bottle of suntan oil in a set with Summer Horseback and Baja. So right after her arrival, I dressed my Summer in her original clothes, the oil did not catch the photo.



When autumn came and Snowy joined the herd with the Ski Fun carriage - Summer became a model and appeared in the Ski Fun series outfit from 1991. The skating suit, which was available in a separate Ski Fun Fashion Pack - I don't own the original Barbie Ski Fun suit.





The last dolls session related to the creation of the section on dolls.


My Surfer Cali Girls



All my Cali Girls - Horseback and Surfer


Summer also took part in the first garden session 2022 with Cripple


It was her first meeting with Lord




Comments